Globalization describes an ongoing process by which regional economies, societies, and cultures have become integrated through a globe-spanning network of communication and execution. The United Nation ESCWA has written that globalization
... is a widely used term that can be defined in a number of different ways. When used in an economic context, it refers to the reduction and removal of barriers between national borders in order to facilitate the of goods, capital, services and labour […] although considerable barriers remain to the flow of labour […] [g]lobalization is not a new phenomenon. It began in the late nineteenth century but its spread slowed during the period from the start of the First World War until the third quarter of the twentieth century. This slowdown can be attributed to the inward looking policies pursued by a number of countries in order to protect their respective industries […] however, the pace of globalization picked up rapidly during the fourth quarter of the twentieth century.
Globalization is a double-edged sword. It increasingly affectively the way we live and work.
Technology is one of the tools that speeds up globalization. Ideas, views, inventions, commodities, behaviors, etc., are passing from country to others without control. Maybe on the future countries will have no define border and that is I think is the goal of globalization.
The impact of Economy
Globalization has contributed the most in this regard it's meant to facilitate all resources and materials to be exchange on competitive criteria. Of course, industrial countries are the most to benefit from globalization as they open new markets for their products and mannfacting goods while the developing countries can't compete with high quality standers of the big industrial countries. But at the same time, it makes the developing countries feel the heat of competition and enhance their quality standers .
The impact of social
People will have to re-arrange thing as globalization will change people life so they can be more free and aware of their interests. People adopt the behavior of consumption also social interactions among people of different cultural and background will increase positively and negatively some of the norms and values have to be changed to be part of the new game of globalization .
The impact of political
Globalization is a trend that affects most aspects of our life countries will lose some of it's rule and responsibilities to the international government "if we could say that" the local laws have to comply the international laws of globalization. This will lead to partially losing of it's responsibilities which consequently have negative impact on the sovereignty of the country.
This is only to give a brief insight on globalization in our life in all aspect.
The pro- and anti-globalization lobbies
Now I'm going to talk about The Pro & anti- Globalization lobbies. The pro-globalization lobby argues that globalization brings about much increased opportunities for almost everyone, and increased competition is a good thing since it makes agents of production more efficient. The two most prominent pro-globalization organizations are the World Trade Organization & the World Economic Forum.
The anti-globalization group argues that certain groups of people who are deprived in terms of resources are not currently capable of functioning within the increased competitive pressure that will be brought about by allowing their economic to be more connected to the rest of the world. This group includes Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace , Oxfam, G77, the U.S. textiles & European farm lobby, as well as the Australian and U.S. trade union movements.
Actors that contribute to globalization
As we know that there are a lot of NGOs and companies that contributed in making globalization:
1) UN: An international organization composed of most of the countries of the world. It was founded in 1945 to promote peace, security, and economic development it’s House for all nations ,all nations represented in the UN ,there are two heads one in Geneva the Switzerland and the other in the US .
2) World Bank: a specialized agency of the United Nations, established in 1944, that guarantees loans to member nations for the purpose of reconstruction and development.
Official name International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
3) The International Monetary Fund :is an NGOs of 185 countries working to foster globe monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth and reduce poverty around the world .
4) The world Trade Organization: is the only global international organization dealing with rules of trade between nations also to help producers of goods and services exporters and importers.
5) The World Economic Forum: A private foundation does not have decision- making power but enjoys a great deal of importance since it has been effective as a powerful network forum for many of the world's business government and not-profit leaders .
As I mentioned before Globalization is a double-edged sword. It increasingly affectively the way we live and work positively and negatively, while industrial countries enjoy the merits of globalization, developed countries have to learn how to compete, otherwise, will remain dependent on others